Achieve your fittest YOU with these Perfect 10 Fitness Tips:
1. Keep an exercise and food journal. Have a plan before you begin training and use the log to track your progress. By keeping a record of your routine, you’ll be able to adjust your program when your body stops responding. Also, keep track of daily calorie consumption to make sure you’re choosing the right foods – you can avoid eating too much by writing it all down.
2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
3. Eat every 2-3 hours, 5-6 small meals a day. Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with snacks in between. Fuel your engine to keep your energy levels high and to avoid any crashes that lead to sugar cravings.
4. Variation. It can take 3-6 weeks for you to adjust to your weight lifting and cardio program. You must vary your weight, sets, reps and intensity to continue seeing results.
5. Build your program around multi-joint exercises. Examples of multi joint exercises are squats, lunges, chest press, and shoulder press. These types of exercises recruit the big muscles, which equal more calorie burn.
6. Use circuit training. Circuit training utilizes 6-10 different exercises, completed consecutively with no rest in between. By training many muscle groups, you’ll get the biggest bang for your buck in terms of calorie burning.
7. Push yourself past your limits. Always work to intensity – if you’re completing 15 reps of an exercise easily, increase the weight.
8. Schedule your workouts into your day, like you do with meetings/appointments. This is YOUR time, take it seriously and commit!
9. Apply the 80/20 rule. 80% of results is based on what you’re putting into your body (food/caloric intake), and 20% on what you’re doing in the gym (or at home).
10. Hire a Personal Trainer. The benefit you get from 1-on-1 coaching is undeniable – you’ll get new ideas for exercises, an extra push and added motivation plus a re-commitment to your program, and guidance on using proper form and technique.
- Coach 'e'